Monash University CC News
MGCC Seeks Senior Captain/Coach
By Stephen Pearson
Senior Coach / Captain
Monash Gryphons Cricket Club requires the services of a senior coach for the season 2006-07. MGCC has 4 men's teams (3 Turf & 1 Synthetic) and we are looking for a Captain/Senior Coach to take a leadership and development role with our 1st XI side.
The Senior Coach will be expected to develop a coaching plan for the 2006-07 season with the assistance of the club coaching staff & senior players. Other duties will include team selection, maintaining club motivation & morale through team participation in training, matches & club functions.
Selection criteria include but are not limited to:
• The ability to plan & implement a structured training program for Monday & Wednesday sessions (including pre-season)
• Demonstrate capacity to improve the technical proficiency of cricketers at all levels within the club.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, the ability to motivate and maintain morale.
• Willingness to be an active member of selection committee & make decisions for the benefit of the whole club.
• Record of effective delegation & organizational skills.
• The position advertised is for a coach, the proven ability to also contribute as a player will be considered favorably
• A suitable remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For further information, please contact:
David Harrison (President)
0424 625 793
Cat Jones (Secretary)
0403 580 989