Monash University CC News
What is Pink Stumps Day?
By Anna Broomhall
This is a McGrath Foundation initiative, to be run on the 20th of February, 2011 (well actual Pink Stumps Day is the 19th but we play on the Sunday!). So this Wednesday, everyone who plays will receive a pink hat which we will wear instead of our traditional blue Gryphons’ hat (available to purchase in exchange for a $10 donation), Scooby will be donning pink wicket keeping pads (they are coooool), we will be warming up using pink training balls and everyone will be asked to help out by selling some raffle tickets. I will be also asking Box Hill to trade one set of normal stumps for some pink stumps we will provide.
Also, to get the men involved and donating, I will be holding a BBQ after training this Wednesday – anyone who is around, please stick around and help out by turning a sausage or two! Also calling for volunteers to rattle some money tins at the men’s games this Saturday at Fawkner park –you can get your funky pink hats in advance!
Thanks to all Gryphons who have been involved thus far – Maz and Lushy have both rattled the prize tree and donations have fallen out, so we have some good prizes!
1. Brand New Audi for a weekend
Thanks to Penfold Audi
· A weekend of your choice (6 month time restriction)
· Car requests will be considered however subject to availability
· Only available for people 25+ (driver’s license will be required)
· Kilometre restrictions will apply
· Car is to remain in Victoria at all times
2. APT Day Tour for 2 people (Sydney or Melbourne)
Thanks to APT Group
3. 3 Month Gym Membership for Monash Sport (Caulfield)
Thanks to Monash Sport
4. Haircut & Blow wave (up to $150 value) at barazz hair studio
Thanks to barazz hair studio
5. Village Cinema vouchers
6. Arcadia Hotel vouchers
Thanks to the Arcadia Hotel
7. MUGCC Merchandise Pack