Monash University CC News
MUGCC Captaincy Application 2012/13
By Stephen Pearson
The Committee of the Monash Uni Gryphons Cricket Club is pleased to announce that applications for team captaincy positions for season 2012/13 are now open.
If you wish to be considered for captaincy, you will need to apply in writing to the Coach via email to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by Monday 10th September 2012. Team Captains will be announced at the club's first function.
Your application should outline your knowledge and experience in the strategies and the spirit of cricket, as well as leadership and people skills. You must also acknowledge that you are prepared to fulfill the off-field responsibilities of a Gryphons' captain:
* Attend the pre-season umpire and captains rules meeting held by the relevant association/league;
* Attend at least one training session per week throughout the pre-season, regular season and any finals matches in which the club is participating;
* Attend at least 80% of selection meetings, held on the Wednesday preceding every match throughout the regular season and any finals matches in which the club is participating;
* Delegate to a responsible team member the responsibility for weekly collection of match fees from all players; and
* Nominate a responsible vice-captain.
* Be available to play every home and away game, and any finals matches in which the club is participating;
The selection of each captain shall be the responsibility of the Coach and the Club Committee. In the event that only one suitable application is received, that applicant will be appointed. When more than one application is received, a closed vote by the Coach and Committee will be held.
Please note that any member of the Committee will be excluded from voting on a captaincy position for which he/she is a candidate. This exclusion also applies where a candidate is the spouse/partner of a committee member.
Monash Uni Gryphons Cricket Club
0409 780 769